Notice of Immediate Opening
Vocal Arts Program Pianist for H+H Singers, Youth Chorus, and Concert Choir
The Handel and Haydn Society announces an immediate opening for a Pianist with the Society’s Singers (ages 8–11), Youth Chorus (ages 10–14), the advanced level Concert Choir (ages 12–14) beginning in September 2016.
H+H Singer, Youth Chorus, and Concert Choirs are three of the six youth choirs of H+H’s Vocal Arts Program, a choral and pre-professional training program for young singers, ages 8–18. The ensembles rehearse on Saturday mornings at the Boston Latin School during the school year, from September through May. This position may also be considered for additional work within the Educational Outreach Program.
To learn more about H+H’s Vocal Arts Program, visit https://handelandhaydn.org/education/vap/
- Experience playing a variety of styles of music (especially classical)
- Experience as a collaborative pianist, particularly with youth choral ensembles
- Fluent sight reader and score reader
- Excellent musicianship and stage presence
- Ability to lead section rehearsals and work effectively with children with unchanged and changing voices (ages 8–14)
- Excellent interpersonal skills that demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm for working with children, ages 8–14.
- Be regularly available from 9.15am–12.45pm on Saturdays during the school year September through May, as well as for various performances as assigned
- Auditions will be scheduled by appointment.
- Audition requirements:
- Perform a 3–4 minute solo selection of your choice (demonstrating technical facility and musicianship)
- Sight reading
- Personal interview
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with background and experience
Applications (including cover letter and résumé) must be submitted online. Apply here: VOCAL ARTS PROGRAM PIANIST
Application deadline: All materials must be received by Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Auditions will be scheduled on Saturday, August 27, 2016
For additional information, contact:
Bill Pappazisis, Assistant Director, Education
617 262 1815
The Handel and Haydn Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston. Interviews will not be scheduled until we have a diverse pool of candidates from which to select.