Reports to: Production Coordinator
Compensation: Unpaid internship. School credit available upon request.
Students and individuals interested in gaining arts administration experience, and working for the nation’s oldest continuously performing arts organizations, are invited to apply for the Handel and Haydn Society’s unique internship opportunities. Interns assist the H+H staff in day-to-day operations and special projects.
The Handel and Haydn Society is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston.
Flexible hours during the work week (Mondays–Fridays, 9am–5pm), with a minimum of 8-10 hours per week.
Occasional nights and weekends required for concerts and special events.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, with school credit available upon request.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work with members of the staff to advance the mission of the Handel and Haydn Society. Responsibilities may include:
• Administrative support of the Artistic, Executive, and Bicentennial and Community Engagement offices
• Assisting with project management
• Assisting with planning and execution of events
• Database maintenance
• Assist with front of house activities at concert hall (not applicable to summer internships)
• Other duties as assigned
• Interest in non-profit arts management
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (PC platform)
• Knowledge of Classical music preferred
How to apply:
1. Complete an application at: https://goo.gl/forms/nWgNHMxLCe7qSIA53
2. Submit a cover letter and résumé via email, with subject line “Artistic Administration Intern”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.