Reports to: Development Operations Manager
Compensation: Unpaid internship. School credit available upon request.
Students and individuals interested in gaining fundraising experience, and working for the nation’s oldest continuously performing arts organizations, are invited to apply for the Handel and Haydn Society’s unique internship opportunities. Interns assist the H+H staff in day-to-day operations and special projects.
The Handel and Haydn Society is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston.
Flexible hours during the work week (Mondays–Fridays, 9am–5pm), with a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Occasional nights and weekends required for concerts and special events.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, with school credit available upon request.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the Development Department to achieve annual fundraising goals and strategizing successful small and large scale events
• Perform in depth donor and prospect research
• Assist with production and mailing of donor and prospect communication
• Assist in planning and execution of large and small scale events, including annual Gala and pre-concert receptions
• Perform updates in Tessitura database
• Assist in creating plans for development presence on social media outlets
• Perform research on other area arts organizations
• Assist with front of house activities at concert hall
• Other duties as assigned
• Interest in fundraising
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with Facebook and Twitter
• Knowledge of Classical or Baroque music a plus
How to apply:
1. Complete an application at: https://goo.gl/forms/Uh5rqh4eWKQqXZcN2
2. Submit a cover letter and résumé via email, with subject line “Fundraising/Research Intern”, to [email protected].