Department: Education and Community Engagement
Reports to: Coordinator of Education and Community Engagement
Compensation: Unpaid internship. School credit available upon request.
Students and individuals interested in gaining arts administration experience, and working for the nation’s oldest continuously performing arts organization, are invited to apply for the Handel and Haydn Society’s unique internship opportunities. Interns assist the H+H Staff in day-to-day operations and special projects. The Handel and Haydn Society is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston.
• Flexible hours during the work week (Tuesday-Saturday, 9am-5pm) with a minimum of 10 hours per week.
• Occasional nights and weekends required for concerts and special events.
Please note that this is an unpaid position with school credit available upon request.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to Education and Community Engagement staff to advance the mission of the Handel and Haydn Society. Tasks may include assisting with Vocal Arts Program events, data entry and data management for H+H education programs, and community engagement events and programs.
• Interest in arts administration, arts education, and community engagement
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency with Google web applications
• Strong interpersonal skills
Proficiency in a second language preferred but not required.
How to apply:
1. Complete an application at: http://goo.gl/forms/BVdEykveHZ
2. Submit a cover letter and résumé via email, with subject line “Education and Community Engagement Intern” to email@example.com.