How you can use Zoom to have the best possible experience!
- Close all other applications and tabs. Open browser tabs and other applications will slow down your video and audio connection.
- Move your computer physically closer to your Wi-Fi router.
- Check your internet speed. We recommend at least 1 MB per second (download). See how your connection stacks up here.
How to join:
- Click the URL we send to dial-in via computer or your smart phone / tablet. If you don’t have the Zoom app, you can dial-in via web browser (the app is free though!). Please test your connection early so you’re ready to go when we start the event!
I want to change the participants I’m seeing:
- There are several view options for participants. We recommend “Gallery View” so you can see everyone, but you also can do “Active Speaker View”.
Razzle & Dazzle:
- Lighting - Don't have your light source behind you (for example, don’t sit right in front of a window). Instead, try having a lamp on in front of you or have your overhead lights turned on.
- Framing & Angle - Can people still see you well if you’re not speaking? Straight on is best!
- Clutter - People will look at your background, so keep it clean and simple, like with a nice piece of art or an organized bookcase.
Help, my house is noisy!
- If you’re concerned about a noisy background, please consider using headphones with a microphone.
- Mute yourself when the speaker is talking and unmute whenever you want to speak (in the bottom left corner of your Zoom window, click MUTE under the microphone icon).